|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 3 cans chickpeas 540ml can size
- 3 tbsp Frescolio Harissa Infused Olive Oil
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. If you have a convection oven, use the convection setting.
- Rinse the chickpeas well with cold water, removing any loose skins, then drain in a colander for 5 minutes. Pat them dry with a clean dish towel.
- Empty chickpeas into a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to ensure the oil evenly coats all the peas.
- Pour the chickpeas onto a large cookie sheet, ensuring they are in a single layer.
- Roast, shaking the pan occasionally to ensure even cooking. Begin checking for doneness after 35 minutes. Peas are roasted when they are lightly browned and split, between 35 and 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and toss with salt to taste.
- Serve immediately for a warm, crunchy snack or allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container for snacking another day.
When storing, ensure that chickpeas have cooled completely before sealing. Also, avoid placing them in a bowl and covering with plastic wrap because they may get soggy. An airtight tupperware container works best.
This recipe uses Frescolio's Harissa Infused EVOO. You could also use either of the following for a different taste: