|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 3 lb waxy potatoes (such as Yukon) sliced 1/8
- 9 large eggs beaten
- 1 large sweet onion thinly sliced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 4 tbsp Frescolio Rosemary Infused Olive Oil
- sea salt
- pepper, to taste
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup Frescolio Mono-Varietal EVOO
- 2 cloves garlic mashed
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Heat 4 tablespoons of Rosemary olive oil over medium-high heat in a 12" cast iron skillet. Add the sliced onions and saute until light brown in color add the thyme and saute for another minute. With a slotted spoon remove the onions and thyme and mix them in to the beaten eggs. Season the egg-onion mixture with sea salt and pepper.
- Heat the oven to 375. With the oil remaining in the skillet, lightly season the potato slices with a sprinkle of sea salt and pepper and layer the slices in concentric circles at the bottom of the skillet. Continue layering until all potatoes are used. Brown the bottom layer of potatoes over medium heat-high for 2 minutes being careful not to burn the potatoes.
- Pour in the egg-onion mixture over the potatoes and cover the skillet with a lid. Place the covered skillet in to the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until the egg layer on top is golden brown and the potatoes are tender. Invert the tortilla on to a platter and serve warm or allow to cool to room temperature and serve with aioli.
- Add the egg yolks and sea salt to the bowl of a food processor or in to a blender. While processing, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides if necessary. Once all the oil has been added, pour in the lemon juice and process until combined.
This recipe uses Frescolio's Rosemary Infused EVOO. You could also try it with either of the following EVOO for a different taste: