|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 15.5 oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 6 tbsp Avocado Oil divided
- 2 tsp smoked paprika or our Hungarian Paprika if you don't want the smoky flavour
- sea salt
- 4-6 yukon gold potatoes cut into 1" chunks
- 1 large red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 4-6 garlic cloves minced (or 2 tbsp minced garlic)
- 4 cups spinach roughly chopped
- To serve
- mixed greens
- avocado sliced
- any other delicious add-ons ie. hot sauce, grated mozzarella, poached egg on top
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the chickpeas, 2 tbsp of avocado oil, smoked paprika and a generous pinch of salt. Set aside to let the chickpeas marinate.
- In a large bowl, mix together the potatoes, bell pepper, onion, garlic and remaining 4 tbsp of avocado oil.
- Spread the potato mixture on the prepared baking sheets and sprinkle generously with sea salt.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir. Add the chickpeas and combine well. Return to the oven and bake for 10-15 more minutes, until the potatoes and chickpeas are golden.
- Remove from the oven and add the spinach, toss to combine.
- Serve immediately (optional, on a bed of mixed greens, with avocado, your favourite condiments etc.).
This recipe uses our Avocado Oil. Avocado oil is great for high-heat cooking because of its high smoke point. If you wanted to substitute with a different oil, try using a Robust Varietal EVOO as the smoke point is often higher than other EVOOs. If you're not a fan of smoked paprika, our Hungarian Paprika is a great alternative!