|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 lb brussels sprouts stem end trimmed off
- 2 large shallots thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup parmesean cheese shaved
- 1/4 cup Frescolio Mono-Varietal EVOO
- 1 tbsp Frescolio Lemon Infused Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- sea salt
- pepper, to taste
- Shave or slice the Brussles sprouts as thinly as possible. This can be done on a mandolin, using the slicing disk of a food processor, or simply by using a very sharp knife.
- In a large saute pan, heat the Mono-Varietal EVOO over medium-high heat. Begin by sauteing the shallots until they just begin to caramelize on the edges. Add the shaved brussles sprouts and saute, stirring frequently until they are just barely softened, and begin to caramelize on the edges a bit.
- Add the lemon juice and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to taste, and toss well to combine. Serve drizzled with the Lemon Fused EVOO and shaved parmesan cheese.
This recipe uses Frescolio's Mono-Varietal EVOO and the Lemon Fused EVOO. You could also try it with either of the following EVOO for a different taste: