|Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 6 strips bacon chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 cups bok choy roughly chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 apples chopped
- 20 scallops dried with paper towel and seasoned with salt & pepper
- 3 tbsp Frescolio Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Frescolio Mono-Varietal EVOO or another flavoured evoo of your choosing
- 1 tbsp bacon fat for cooking scallops
- 1 tsp dried dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook bacon in a large frying pan or dutch oven until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon. Leave 2-3 tbsp of fat in the pan.
- Add the bok choy and thyme to the bacon fat and cook for 5 minutes. Add the Apple Cider Vinegar and apples, salt and pepper to taste. Continue cooking for a few more minutes. Return the bacon to the pan and keep warm while you sear the scallops.
- Heat the olive oil and and bacon fat in a cast iron pan on high heat till hot and shimmering. Add the scallops and cook for 3 minutes without moving them. Using a metal lifter, scrape the scallops from the pan and turn for another 3 minutes.
- While the scallops are cooking, plate the bok choy and apple mixture. When scallops are cooked, place on top of bok choy mixture. Top with a sprinkling of dried dill. Serve immediately.
For something different, try substituting a Varietal EVOO for: