|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 cups raw butternut squash peeled, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 cups quinoa prepared, cooled
- 2 tbsp Frescolio Herbes de Provence Infused Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Frescolio Grapefruit White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds toasted
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shaved (omit for vegan option, or sub with something salty like chopped olives)
- 6 cup baby kale washed and dried
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Frescolio Herbes de Provence Infused Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Frescolio Grapefruit White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp shallot minced
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- In a large bowl whisk the 2 tablespoons of olive-oil with 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, add the cubed butternut squash and toss to dress. Place the butternut squash in a single layer in a pan or on a baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes, or until the squash becomes golden brown. Allow to cool.
- In a blender or food processor, add all of the dressing ingredients. Process to combine well, and adjust seasoning accordingly.
- Combine 1/2 of the butternut squash, quinoa, and kale and arrange on a large platter or in a large shallow salad bowl. Add some dressing and toss to combine. Add the rest of the butternut squash over the top, sprinkle with the toasted pumpkin seeds and shaved parmesan, if using.
This recipe uses Frescolio's Herbes de Provence Infused EVOO and the Grapefruit White Balsamic Vinegar. You could also use any of the following EVOOs and balsamic vinegars for a different taste:
- Milanese Gremolata Infused EVOO + Peach White Balsamic Vinegar
- Tuscan Herb Infused EVOO + Cranberry Pear White Balsamic Vinegar
- Butternut Squash Seed Oil + Green Apple White Balsamic Vinegar
Please note: since all of our balsamics contain a small percentage of wine vinegar, we cannot guarantee that they are all being sourced from a vegan wine filtration process. The same goes for our wine vinegars (our Apple Cider Vinegar is the only vinegar we carry that does not contain wine vinegar, making it certifiably vegan). As such, our balsamics and wine vinegars may not be suitable for vegans. All of our oils, excluding the Bacon Infused EVOO, are suitable for vegans.