|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 8 plum tomatoes cut in half
- 2 tbsp Frescolio Mono-Varietal EVOO
- 2 tbsp Frescolio Traditional 18-year Aged Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- parmesean cheese to top crostinis
- fresh baguette
- Slice the tomatoes in half and spread out on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with varietal EVOO. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast at 200F for about six hours.
- The roasted tomatoes should be shrivelled and somewhat dried but not bone dry. Cool the tomatoes.
- Toast some fresh baguette under the broiler. Cut parmesan curls using a vegetable peeler. Top each piece of toast with a roasted tomato, a curl of parmesan, and a drizzle of 18-year-old balsamic.
This recipe uses Frescolio's Mono-Varietal EVOO and the Traditional 18-year Aged Balsamic Vinegar. You could also try it with any of the following EVOOs or Balsamic Vinegars for a different taste: