- 1 block halloumi cheese approximately 250-330g
- 1 medium tomato or a handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium shallot
- a few leaves of fresh basil chopped
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp Frescolio Pesto Infused Olive Oil
- kosher salt to taste
- coarsely ground black pepper to taste
- pea shoots to garnish (cut the stems down if they are quite long)
- black sesame seeds to garnish
- Preheat frying pan on medium heat. Slice cheese into four slices.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to the pan. Place cheese slices in pan and grill for about five minutes. Flip, then grill for about three more minutes (keep an eye on the cheese - should be browning, but not burning).
- While the cheese is grilling, dice the tomato and add to a medium bowl. Dice the shallot and add to the tomatoes. Add the basil and 1 tsp of olive oil. Mix together, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate the cheese and spoon the tomato mixture on to each piece. Sprinkle black sesame seeds on top and garnish with pea shoots.
This recipe uses our Pesto Infused EVOO. You could use any of the following olive oils for a different taste: