- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup Frescolio Mono-Varietal EVOO
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp tails still attached if possible
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili flakes plus extra for garnish (optional)
- 2 tsp Frescolio Sherry Wine Vinegar
- parsley chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Crush and peel the cloves of garlic. Reserve 4 cloves, keeping them whole, and finely dice the remaining two.
- In a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat, place the olive oil. Add the shrimp and the four whole cloves of garlic. Sprinkle with the paprika and chili flakes, and stir to combine.
- Turn the shrimp over as soon as they turn pink, 20-30 seconds, and sear on the other side for 20-30 seconds.
- Add the remaining garlic and sauté the shrimp until the garlic is just starting to turn golden brown. Add the Sherry Vinegar and deglaze the pan, scraping any bits of garlic off the bottom. Continue to sauté for 10 more seconds, until the vinegar has reduced and glazed the garlic and shrimp.
- Garnish with parsley (and more chili flakes, if desired) and serve immediately. These will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days in an airtight container. You can reheat them in a little olive oil to warm them through.
This recipe uses our Varietal EVOO and Sherry Wine Vinegar, and is found in Spain: Recipes for Olive Oil and Vinegar Lovers by Emily Lycopolous. You could also try any of the following products for a different flavour: