- 4 large tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 English cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1/2 small red onion peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 796 ml canned tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp demerara sugar
- 2 tbsp Frescolio Sherry Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Frescolio Mono-Varietal EVOO
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fumee de Sel, or other smoked salt (optional) to finish
- Put the prepared vegetables and parsley in a blender. Add the sugar, vinegar and 2 tbsp of the olive oil. Blend until very smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If needed, chill soup in the fridge before serving. When it has reached your desired temperature, divide into bowls. Drizzle the remaining olive oil on top, and sprinkle the Fumee de Sel as a garnish. Serve immediately.
This soup can be made ahead of time, and will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week. It freezes well for up to three months.
Find Emily's cookbook here.
Please note: since all of our balsamics contain a small percentage of wine vinegar, we cannot guarantee that they are all being sourced from a vegan wine filtration process. The same goes for our wine vinegars (our Apple Cider Vinegar is the only vinegar we carry that does not contain wine vinegar, making it certifiably vegan). As such, our balsamics and wine vinegars may not be suitable for vegans. All of our oils, excluding the Bacon Infused EVOO, are suitable for vegans.