|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Passive Time|
|2generous sandwiches||10minutes||10minutes||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||Passive Time|
- 1/2 brick extra-firm tofu
- 1 roma tomato sliced
- 1/2 cup cucumber sliced into rounds
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Frescolio Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Frescolio Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- hummus to spread (we like the spicy kind)
- artisan bread (we like sourdough)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Herbes de Provence spice to taste
Servings: generous sandwiches
- Put the vegetables in a bowl with the Sicilian Lemon Balsamic and season with salt and pepper. Cover and let marinate in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Slice the half brick of tofu into three even sections width-wise. Then cut diagonally to create six triangles. Pour the Garlic EVOO into a non-stick pan and heat on medium-high. Add the tofu, and coat the slices of tofu in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and Herbes de Provence spice on each side, being generous with the Herbes de Provence. Pan fry until both sides are crispy on the outside and golden brown, about five minutes a side.
- Lightly toast slices of bread in the toaster, and spread as much hummus as you like on the toast. Pile high with vegetables and tofu and enjoy.
This recipe is made with our Garlic Infused EVOO and the Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic Vinegar. You could also try it with the following combination for a different taste:
Please note: since all of our balsamics contain a small percentage of wine vinegar, we cannot guarantee that they are all being sourced from a vegan wine filtration process. The same goes for our wine vinegars (our Apple Cider Vinegar is the only vinegar we carry that does not contain wine vinegar, making it certifiably vegan). As such, our balsamics and wine vinegars may not be suitable for vegans. All of our oils, excluding the Bacon Infused EVOO, are suitable for vegans.