|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Passive Time|
|Cook Time||Passive Time|
- Pot de Creme
- 12 oz bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups half & half cream
- 6 large egg yolks
- 8 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Frescolio Mono-Varietal EVOO fruity
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Blood Orange Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp Frescolio Blood Orange Infused Olive Oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp confectioner's sugar
Pot de Creme
- Place the chocolate and olive oil in a blender. Whisk the half & half cream with the egg yolks, granulated sugar and salt in a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan over medium heat. Sir the mixture constantly, making sure to scrape the bottom and edge of the pot with a heatproof spoon or spatula so that the mixture does not burn. Continue to stir until the the custard coats the spoon and almost begins to simmer, about 5 minutes.
- Immediately pour the custard over the olive oil and chocolate in the blender. Cover and hold the lid with a thick kitchen towel; blend until combined and smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the blender as needed. Divide the chocolate mixture among 6 ramekins or cups and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Blood Orange Whipped Cream
- Whip the cream and Blood Orange olive oil with the confectioners's sugar with a mixer or in the blender until soft peaks form. Top the chilled pots de creme with whipped cream before serving.
This recipe uses Frescolio's Mono-Varietal EVOO and the Blood Orange Infused EVOO. You could also try it with the Lemon Infused EVOO for a slightly different taste.