|Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 tbsp Frescolio Blood Orange Infused Olive Oil
- 1 cup onion sliced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Frescolio Red Apple Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice freshly squeezed
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, salt and a few turns of black pepper. Sauté until the onion is caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- Add cranberries, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, and orange juice. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook until the sauce is jam-like in consistency, about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool, transfer to a container, cover and refrigerate up to one week.
This recipes uses Frescolio's Blood Orange Infused EVOO and the Red Apple Dark Balsamic Vinegar. You could also try it with any of the following EVOOs or balsamic vinegars for a different taste:
- Lemon Infused EVOO
- Black Cherry Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- Lime Infused EVOO
- Pomegranate Dark Balsamic Vinegar
Please note: since all of our balsamics contain a small percentage of wine vinegar, we cannot guarantee that they are all being sourced from a vegan wine filtration process. The same goes for our wine vinegars (our Apple Cider Vinegar is the only vinegar we carry that does not contain wine vinegar, making it certifiably vegan). As such, our balsamics and wine vinegars may not be suitable for vegans. All of our oils, excluding the Bacon Infused EVOO, are suitable for vegans.