|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 6 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup dried cherries, raisins or cranberries
- 1/2 cup Frescolio Blood Orange Infused Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup honey sub with maple syrup for vegan option
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together the oats, cashews and coconut and spread in an even layer over the lined baking sheet.
- In a medium pot set over low heat (or in your microwave) gently warm the honey so that it becomes more fluid. Whisk the olive-oil into the warm honey along with the vanilla. It won't emulsify, but that's alright.
- Evenly drizzle the honey and olive-oil mixture over the oats on the baking sheet. Toss everything gently to coat as much of the oats with honey and olive oil as possible. Redistribute into an even layer and place in the oven on the middle rack.
- Every 10 minutes for 40 minutes to an hour, check and stir the granola. The honey and olive-oil will continue to coat the remainder of the granola as you do this. When the granola is fragrant and golden brown, remove it from the oven and stir in your choice of dried fruit.
- Allow it to cool and store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
This recipe is very adaptable to your preferences. Instead of cashews, you could use almonds, pecans, walnuts or macadamia nuts depending on what you like. In lieu of cherries, you could also substitute blueberries, dates, raisins or cranberries.
This recipe uses Frescolio's Blood Orange Infused EVOO. You could also use any of the following EVOOs for a different taste: