|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- Caramelized Vegetable Croquettes
- 2 cups waxy potatoes (such as Yukon) cooked and roughly mashed
- 1 cup broccoli florets coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower florets coarsely chopped
- 1 medium shallot thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Frescolio Mono-Varietal EVOO
- 2 tbsp Frescolio Mono-Varietal EVOO
- 1/3 cup chevre or sour cream
- 1/3 cup romano cheese
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 6 large eggs to top croquettes
- pepper, to taste
- mixed baby greens optional
- Gremolata Hollandaise Sauce
- 3 large egg yolks at room temperature
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Frescolio Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Frescolio Milanese Gremolata Infused Olive Oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- pepper, to taste
Caramelized Vegetable Croquettes
- In a saute pan set over medium-high heat, add two tablespoons of Frescolio's Mono-Varietal EVOO. Add the shallots, broccoli, and cauliflower and saute until golden brown, and slightly caramelized (about 20 minutes) add the garlic at the last minute.
- Place the coarsely mashed potatoes in a large bowl and add the goat cheese, pepper and salt. Add the caramelized veggie mixture to the potatoes and mix gently, keeping the veggies intact as much as possible.
- Add the beaten eggs to wide flat container or bowl, and add the Panko bread crumbs to another bowl. Season the egg with a little salt.
- Once the potato mixture has cooled enough to handle, form six patties, about 4" wide and 1" thick. Dip each patty in to the seasoned egg, and then in to the Panko bread crumbs making sure to gently press the crumbs on to the patty. Set the patties on to a lined baking sheet and set aside.
- Heat 1/2" of Frescolio's Mono-Varietal EVOO in a wide heavy saute pan over medium-high heat until it reaches 325F on a deep fry thermometer. Pan fry the patties until golden brown on both sides - set aside on a lined baking sheet.
Gremolata Hollandaise Sauce
- Heat the butter and Frescolio's Milanese Gremolata Infused EVOO in a small sauce pan until very warm, about 180 F. In the bowl of a food processor or in the jar of a blender, add the vinegar, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and egg yolks. Process briefly to blend everything. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in warmed olive oil and butter.
- Poach 6 large eggs to desired firmness, soft-poached is how we like it.
- To assemble, arrange the mixed baby greens on the plate. Top with the warm veggie patty. Set a poached egg atop the veggie patty and ladle the Hollandaise over the top.
This recipe contains raw egg yolks. If you have a compromised immune system, you can use pasteurized eggs for this recipe.
This recipe uses our Varietal EVOO, Milanese Gremolata Infused EVOO and the Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic Vinegar. You could also use the following combination for a different taste: